Skip to main content

I think Spring has finally arrived!!!

The weather is finally changing...for the better.  It has been a horrific Winter and Spring.  Let's see...the most snowfall in the winter EVER and the coldest Spring since 1899......oh yes, it's been fun. I was so very lucky to get away for four weeks...I am very grateful for that but then again I worked hard, saved and made it happen.

It's Spring in my heart anyway....Paul McCartney (my hero!) is coming to Regina in mid August and yesterday I managed to snag a third row centre seat...closest I've ever been.  They came at a premium price but it's once in a lifetime for me.  I got a Hot Sound Package which could pay for a return trip to England (in high season) but who cares....I am happy.  I get to attend the sound check as well as other little bonuses.  I am absolutely thrilled to bits.   On top of all the other things going on in my life at the moment it means tightening my belt (a bit painful when you are chubby like me!) and watching every penny but it will all be worth it. 

I am home bound until early August when I head to Alberta for a family wedding and make a one week road trip out of it.  That is almost six months at home...unheard of for me!!!!  Lots going on though and I will be updating the blog with what I am up to and memories of old trips as well.  At the moment I have very itchy feet and it is torture to not be out exploring the world.  However with the warmer weather I will be out and about more and that will certainly help. 

My trip to the UK is all booked.  I fly out to Glasgow via Icelandic air on September 4th.  I will spend time in Glasgow - a city I have never explored - have only ever seen the train station.  I hope to do the 10km walk there as well as do a day trip out to the highlands.  We start our six day walk along the Great Glen Way September 10th after a steam train ride to Mallaig the day before.  After that off to Edinburgh for a couple of days then down to Whitby in Yorkshire for a long weekend.  Then things get a bit fuzzy...I will probably be spending two or three days in Sussex visiting a couple of friends and hopefully an overnight trip to the Cotswolds.  Then time in my beloved London...sadly not enough time but it will have to do for now.  On October 7th I fly to Iceland where I will spend four nights. After taking a few day trips into the countryside and exploring Reykjavik I am off to Toronto where I will spend Thanksgiving weekend with my sister and niece.  Always great to spend time with family. Then home on the 14th.  Doesn't it sound amazing?!!  I am so excited!!!

May and June will be fun with family and friends coming to town to visit as well as concerts, festivals, etc.  I will keep busy!!  Stay turned and enjoy the Spring weather!!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peeing on fish or a fish out of water

Well this morning we headed off by boat to Siem Reap.  Due to the low water on the Tonie Sap Lake (more like a river until near the end of the trip when it widened considerably) the trip would be an 8 hour one... It was supposed to be boring but ended up as anything but...in no certain order...let's see.... We had a rest stop (turned out to be the only one) along the way and the loo was just a hole over the lake and there were fish circling around underneath.  Yes it was just a hole in the floor...you definitely had someone watch your stuff while you went in or one false move and your camera/purse or whatever would be in the lake.  The fish either like the warm pee coming in or they are pervs and like to see ladies parts.  We were just a few minutes out when all of a sudden there was something flying over me and jumping all over the floor - a little fish!  Guess he wanted to join the tour.  Roger reached down and scooped him up while I hooted and hollered.  Okay it wasn&#

A walk along the coffin trail (and a couple of lakes) in the Lake District

While in the Lake District I wanted to do some light walking but not heavy duty hiking where I could easily get lost and my body not found for days partially eaten by hungry...sheep?  Anyway, you get the drift...not too grueling and safe for a solo walker.  I get a bit nervous when I am too far from civilization. There are lots of books about walking in the Lake District but they seem to be all about walking the fells in remote places...neither Thelma nor I fancied that.  While browsing in the post office/shop in Ambleside one day (if you are ever in Ambleside you must go there - a treasure!) I found a stand of walk descriptions on post cards.  And there I found my walk.  After all who could resist a stroll on the "coffin trail" in William Wordsworth country... I took a look and thought hmm...cafe along the route...that works for me. (with at least the security of knowing there was an available "loo" along the way.)  Okay, I may not have totally followed the

The highlights of my Fall 2023 trip

I'm back home after a great six weeks away. This was a "short" trip for me.  So here we go with an overview of my trip.   London London for me is always a good idea.  I fell in love with it back in the mid 70's and it's been calling me back ever since. Some of the best things in my life have happened in London.  When I learned my two Oz friends Loraine and Linda were going to be in London in the fall I knew I had to be there.  And what fun we had!!  Of course, I did loads of other things as well.  I spent two weeks there from mid September until very early October and then back again for four nights at the end of October before flying home.   After over five years (delayed for two and a half years thanks to Covid) of walking, I finally finished the 126 km Capital Ring.  The picture above is taken at the end of my walk and where I started in May of 2018 at the main door of Streatham Common station just steps from my B and B.  What a walk!  I got to see so much more